Thursday

My Thanksgiving & DIY Treat

I had a wonderful thanksgiving and I hope you all did as well, I feasted, feasted and then feasted some more... I also  took down some serious red wine with my mother in-law and my sister in-law, I'm usually high strung (or so I'm told  :-p) so this helped to let my hair down so to speak.... and .....r.e.l.a.x.....

    

The countryside is so beautiful and peaceful...sometimes I wish I lived there .....sometimes.....then I mentally come back to reality!!

Since I was surrounded by such peace and tranquility I was tempted to catch up on some reading so picked up the book Precious and ended up reading it in one sitting, it was so moving and it's definately not for the faint of heart, (holy language!!!!) that's all I'm saying as I don't want to spoil it for you.  It's a MUST read.

.....  once I finished reading Precious I needed something a little uplifting as it left me feeling sad so, I picked up The Gorgeously Green book my mother in-law had on the kitchen counter and love it! Go GREEN! See their website at http://www.gorgeouslygreen.com/


I try to do my part in helping this world I live in by recycling and  incorporating earth friendly practices into my everyday life, recycling, buying organic, buying local etc (makes me warm inside) and some of the DIY projects in there are super cool not to mention very easy on the $$ I bought a used copy on Amazon (recycle when u can!) for $3.50 thats a savings of $13.45 - Score!!!! BTW this would be an awesome Christmas gift and you can buy it new at Amazon for about $4 - **highly recommended**

While I'm on the subject of DIY projects....
I came across this fabulous pumpkin pom pom tutorial and couldn't resist but to post it here for you, get step by step directions on how to make it here and flower pom poms here, the pdf is here and mini pom pom tutorial here

No comments: